There's a 40K Citi ThankYou Premier link that is working (as of this writing) and which I've added as #10 on the Best Travel Credit Cards page. This card used to offer a 50K signup bonus, which later decreased to 40,000 ThankYou points as a sign-up bonus, and back in April, Citi reduced it to NO sign-up bonus (see No Citi ThankYou Premier Bonus and Harder to Get Citi Signup Bonuses Again), which is highly unusualy for a travel rewards cardit card, particularly one that does have an annual fee after the first year. After all, even the no annual fee Chase Freedom offers the equivalent of 15,000 Ultimate Rewards points as a signup bonus.
In any case, here are the 40K Citi ThankYou Premier offer details. If you want the 40K bonus, I recommend applying soon, as Citi could disable the link at any time.
- Earn 40,000 ThankYou points after $3000 spend in the first 3 months of card membership
- 3X ThankYou points on travel, including airlines, hotels, car rentals, travel agencies (including TravelSort's Award Booking Service and trip planning fees), taxis, rail travel, parking garages, tolls, cruises, gas stations
- 2X ThankYou points on dining out and entertainment
- ThankYou points can be transferred to Cathay Pacific Asia Miles, EVA Air, Etihad Guest, Air France/KLM FlyingBlue, Garuda Indonesia, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar, Singapore KrisFlyer, Thai Airways, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club. The most attractive of these, in my view, is Singapore KrisFlyer.
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee the first year, thereafter $95 per year
Need Award Booking Help? Our fee is as low as $75 per ticket if you book your hotel through us.
If you enjoyed this, join 200,000+ readers: please follow TravelSort on Twitter or like us on Facebook to be alerted to new posts.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book Your Hotel with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred VIP Amenities!