A 100K AMEX Business Platinum Offer is Being Targeted to some AMEX card members. My husband, who has the AMEX Blue Business Plus, a no annual fee card, was targeted, with the offer available among his other AMEX Offers. Here are the offer terms:
- Earn 100,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after spending $15,000 on the card within the first 3 months of card membership
- $595 annual fee (not waived)
- Earn 1.5X points on eligible transactions of $5000 or more
- AMEX Centurion Lounge access
- Delta Sky Club Lounge access
- Priority Pass Select membership
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit every 4 years
- No foreign transaction fees
- $200 airline incidental fee credit after first selecting an airline at http://www.americanexpress.com/airlinechoice
- Earn 5X points per dollar on flights and prepaid hotel stays booked with AMEX Travel
- Earn 5X per dollar, up to 80,000 bonus points on eligible purchases in 5 select business categories made on the Card during the first 3 months of Card Membership starting from the date of account approval. The 5 categories that each qualify for additional points are: (1) advertising purchased in the U.S. to promote your business online, on television, or on the radio; (2) on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers (3) gasoline at gas stations located in the U.S. (superstores, supermarkets and warehouse clubs that sell gasoline are not considered gas stations); (4) shipping services purchased in the U.S. for courier, postal, and freight. (5) office supplies purchased directly from U.S. office supply stores (supplies purchased at other retail stores are excluded).
- Offer is until 6/30/21
Is the Offer Worth It?
We haven't found either the AMEX Platinum or AMEX Business Platinum worth it to us for several years, ever since the Chase Sapphire Reserve came out, given the high annual fee and the disadvantages of the $200 airline incidental fee credit, which is much harder to get value from than the Sapphire Reserve's $300 statement credit for all travel.
That said, with AMEX's limit of earning signup bonuses once in a lifetime, targeted offers such as this are a rare opportunity to earn a signup bonus again. The $595 annual fee is hefty, but with a 100,000 bonus, it's equivalent to buying points at a little more than half a cent per point. That's quite good.
In the pre-pandemic world we'd definitely have jumped on this offer, and we still may, but the calculus is a bit different, since we're currently earning quite a few points just through normal spend, thanks to various category spend bonuses and AMEX Offers, and we love the fact that the AMEX Blue Business Plus has no annual fee yet earns 2X points on all spend.
Have you received a similar targeted offer for the 100K AMEX Business Platinum?
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits