Singapore Will Open to Approved Fully Vaccinated U.S. Visitors October 19, 2021, without quarantine, via the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) program that is being offered to fully vaccinated travelers from Canada, Denmark, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, the United Kingdom and the U.S. Singapore will also open to fully vaccinated visitors from South Korea starting November 15, 2021. This is great news for travelers who have been wanting to return both to Singapore and to flying Singapore Airlines, one of our very favorite airlines, particularly when it comes to first class service.
Here are the VTL requirements and process:
- Travelers must arrive in Singapore on a designated VTL flight. For U.S. visitors, these flights will only be available on Singapore Airlines (the specific VTL flights haven't been announced at time of writing).
- Must be fully vaccinated with the full regimen of one of the WHO approved vaccines at least 2 weeks prior to visiting Singapore.
- Ensure your vaccination results are on a Smart Health Card on the CommonTrust Network (see list).
- Apply for the Vaccinated Travel Pass (Starting October 12, 2021 for the U.S. and other 7 countries; starts November 8, 2021 for South Korean visitors). Visitors should apply for the VTP 7-30 calendar days before expected arrival in Singapore
- If the VTP is approved, the VTP will be emailed to the applicant. It's valid for single entry into Singapore anytime from the traveller’s intended date of entry and up to 6 calendar days after.
- VTL travelers must have only been to one or more of the VTL countries (or Singapore) for the 14 consecutive days prior to their departure.
- VTL travelers must have travel insurance with a minimum coverage of S$30,000 (USD 23,000) for COVID-19-related medical treatment and hospitalization costs. Travelers must carry with them an electronic or physical copy of their insurance policy to facilitate their entry into Singapore.
- Travelers must have a negative result from a COVID-19 PCR test from taken within the 48 hours prior to departing for Singapore, from an internationally accredited laboratory clinic or medical facility. The test result must include the traveler's name, date of birth, the negative COVID-19 result, date and time, and the name of the testing institution
- Submit the SG Arrival Card electronically no earlier than 3 days before the date of arrival in Singapore
- Register and pay for their on-arrival COVID-19 test (cost is S$160 / USD ~$118)
- Download and register the Singapore TraceTogether app
- Travelers are required to self-isolate in their booked lodging until they are notified that their on-arrival test is negative.
Where to Stay in Singapore
While we've stayed at the St. Regis, the Four Seasons, the Ritz-Carlton and the Mandarin Oriental, our top luxury hotel recommendation in Singapore remains the Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore. There's currently a 4th night complimentary offer for stays until 12/30/21, which includes Virtuoso benefits:
- Upgrade at time of booking, subject to availability
- Daily Buffet breakfast for two guests per bedroom served in restaurant
- One Fullerton bear per room, per stay
- One Dining Credit of $100 USD equivalent, per stay (not combinable; no cash value if not redeemed)
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Subscribe to TravelSort on YouTube for travel inspiration.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits