Welcome to the second in our Chase Freedom / Trader Joe's series of maximizing Chase Ultimate Rewards points using the Chase Freedom card and Chase Exclusives while eating well for less. Here are the intro links:
Note that you can get your 5x bonus for up to $1500 in grocery spend April-June 2012, so $500/month. For families, that's pretty easy: we do a bi-weekly shop at Trader Joe's, with fill-in shopping at Whole Foods and our local corner grocery for produce, and are already up to $300 in spend via 6 transactions. With Chase Exclusives, that equates to:
300 base points
1200 bonus points (4x, on top of 1x base)
30 as 10% bonus on 300 base
60 for 10 bonus points for each of 6 transactions
Not too bad for spend we needed to make anyway.
- Handmade white tortillas
- Avocados (comes in 4 count bag)
- English oak smoked cheddar
- Organic shredded mozzarella
- Bacon or sausage, cooked and cut into small pieces, or pulled pork (optional)
- Trader Joe's Kansas City Barbecue Sauce
- Pineapple Juice (not from concentrate)
- European Style Organic Plain Nonfat Yogurt
- Frozen Mango
Quesadillas (Makes 2):
- Heat a nonstick pan on medium heat until a drop of water sizzles.
- Grate about 1 cup of the oak smoked cheddar into a bowl. Mix with 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese, for a total of 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Lay 1 tortilla in the pan and spread 1 cup of the cheese mixture over it.
- Scatter pieces of cooked bacon or sausage over it, if using
- Halve 1 avocado, and with a butter knife, dice it while still in the skin. Scatter the diced avocado over the cheese.
- Top with another tortilla, and press lightly so that it adheres to the melting cheese. When the underside is lightly toasted, flip over and cook the other side.
- Slide quesadilla onto cutting board and cut into 4 quarters, then drizzle with Kansas City barbecue sauce and serve with salad if desired.
- Shake pineapple juice carton well, then pour 1 cup of juice into a blender.
- Add 3-4 heaping tablespoons of plain yogurt.
- Peel 1 banana, cut into large chunks and add to blender.
- Add 2 cups of frozen mango chunks.
- Blend at high speed until smooth, adding more juice if too thick or more frozen mango if too thin.
Need Award Booking Help? Our fee is as low as $75 per ticket if you book your hotel through us.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book Your Hotel with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred VIP Amenities!