American Airlines Has Eliminated Change Fees on International Tickets effective today, November 19, 2020. American Airlines ended change fees on domestic U.S. tickets back in September 2020, as did all major U.S. airlines except for JetBlue (see Alaska, AA, Delta, Hawaiian, United Airlines End Change Fees).
Here are the details of American Airlines' ending of change fees for international tickets:
- No change fees for AA international tickets for all classes except Basic Economy, for international flights that originate in North America or South America.
- If the new flight is more expensive, the difference in fare must be paid
- If the new flight is less expensive, the residual value of the original ticket will be held in the form of a travel voucher that can be used for a future trip
- Must change the flight before the original flight's scheduled departure time
- No service charge when booking a ticket by calling reservations (instead of online)
It will be interesting to see whether United or Delta match AA in ending change fees for their international tickets.
Need Award Booking Help? Our fee is as low as $75 per ticket if you book your hotel through us.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book Your Hotel with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Amenities!