Alaska Airlines is Offering a Buy One Ticket, Get the Second Ticket for the Cost of Taxes and Fees, but the deal expires August 10 at 11:59pm PT. Here are the offer details:
- Using the promo code GETTHEROW, buy one economy ticket for regular price, and get the second for the cost of taxes and fees. Here are the deal
- Valid for travel through October 31, 2020; must ticket by August 10 at 11:59pm PT
- The promo code is valid for 50% off Main Cabin base fares on alaskaair.com.
- Valid for itineraries with two people, traveling together and booked and ticketed at the same time in the same reservation and at the same fare
- Valid for one-way or round-trip travel
- Not valid on Saver or First Class fares
- Valid for all routes except flights to/from Prudhoe Bay SCC
- Travel to Hawaii or Mexico is valid Sundays through Thursdays.
- Travel from Hawaii or Mexico is valid Mondays through Fridays.
- All other travel is valid Mondays through Thursdays and Saturdays.
Alaska is blocking middle seats on its aircraft where economy is in a 3-3 configuration, so chances are good that you and your travel companion will have a row to yourselves, although the airline notes that an empty middle seat is not guaranteed due to potential aircraft changes or when Alaska has to re-accommodate passengers from a previously cancelled flight.
This could have been a good opportunity for visitors to save on flights to Hawaii; unfortunately, as we wrote earlier this week, Hawaii is Likely to Delay Reopening Transpacific Travel to Hawaii to October 2020 or Later, due to the surge in community spread of COVID-19.
That also may be why this early October Alaska Airlines flight from SFO to Honolulu HNL is so empty: those willing to fly then may still have to quarantine for 14 days, if the state hasn't put in place its plan to permit pre-travel COVID-19 PCR testing by then.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits