The 75K AMEX Business Platinum $450 Annual Fee Will Increase to $595 Tomorrow, February 1, 2019. For business owners who haven't previously had the card, it's a good chance to earn 75,000 Membership Rewards points before the annual fee hike. The card provides a $200 airline incidental credit annually, and a $100 Global Entry fee credit every 4 years, that can help offset the card's fee.
Here are the bonus terms:
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $10,000 on the card within the first 3 months
- Earn an additional 25,000 Membership Rewards points (total of 75K points) after spending another $10,000 on the card (total of $20,000) within the first 3 months
- Annual fee of $450
- Receive up to $200 statement credit reimbursement of airline incidental charges for your chosen airline
- Receive a statement credit every 4 years for Global Entry ($100) or TSA PreCheck ($85) when charged to the card
- No foreign transaction fees
- Complimentary access for you and up to 2 guests at AMEX Centurion Lounges. Note that Centurion Lounge access is only prior to departure, 3 hours before flight departure.
- Priority Pass Select membership: after enrolling and receiving your Priority Pass Select card, you'll have access to Priority Pass lounges. At any visit to a Priority Pass Select lounge that admits guests, you may bring in two guests on a complimentary basis.
- Welcome offer is not available to applicants who have or have had this card
Unfortunately my husband has already had this card and is ineligible for the bonus, otherwise I'd sign him up. The $595 annual fee is too high in my view, so I'll be cancelling my existing card when it comes up for renewal later this year, especially since the card doesn't have attractive bonus categories, unlike our Chase Sapphire Reserve. But if you can earn the 75K bonus and get it today while the annual fee is still $450, it's a good bet for the first year.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits