I just received a 150,000 AMEX Business Platinum Card bonus offer in the mail as a targeted offer, which was thrilling, as to my knowledge, this is the highest bonus offer available for the American Express Business Platinum card. The catch? Fairly significant spend ($20,000) within the first 3 months is required to earn the full bonus. Here are the offer details:
150,000 AMEX Business Platinum Offer Details
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $10,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months of card membership
- Earn an extra 50,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend an extra $10,000 (total of $20,000) within the same time period (the first 3 months)
- $200 airline fee credit: select a qualifying airline and then receive up to $200 a year in statement credits when incidental fees, such as checked bags and in-flight refreshments, are charged to your Business Platinum card
- Fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck: Receive one Global Entry ($100) statement credit or one TSA Precheck ($85) statement credit
- $450 annual fee (not waived)
Getting Targeted for the 150,000 American Express Business Platinum Offer
While AMEX does sometimes target current AMEX Platinum personal cardholders for enhanced bonuses, I find that the TravelSort readers and clients who receive the highest targeted AMEX offers tend to be those who either have never had an American Express card, or are lapsed card holders who haven't had an AMEX charge card for awhile.
Because of this, I purposely did not renew my AMEX cards that charged an annual fee. I also made sure I was opted in to receive AMEX offers. It took over a year of only receiving 50,000 point offers, which I didn't respond to, until receiving this current 150K AMEX Business Platinum offer.
Also make sure to carefully go through all your snail mail, and to keep an eye on emails from AMEX, as well as offers that you see when logged into your AMEX account, if you have one.
Eligible or Not for the 150K Bonus?
Need Award Booking Help? Our fee is as low as $75 per ticket if you book your hotel or cruise through us.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Amenities!