The Mandarin Oriental Ritz Madrid has opened following a $100 million renovation of the former Hotel Ritz, which was purchased from Belmond (owned by LVMH). Hotel Ritz, which originally opened in 1910, was designed and built by legendary hotelier César Ritz. The multi-million dollar renovation over the past three years has meticulously restored the hotel's Belle Époque facade while adding luxurious and modern touches to the rooms and suites and a wholly new spa.
Mandarin Oriental Ritz Madrid Location
The hotel is located at Plaza de la Lealtad, 5 in the centrally located Golden Art Triangle neighborhood of Madrid. It's a less than 15 minute drive to Madrid Airport (MAD), a 5 minute walk to Madrid's renowned Prado Museum, a 7 minute walk to the El Retiro Park, and a 17 minute walk to Plaza Mayor.
TravelSort Clients can enjoy the following Virtuoso benefits. There's also a complimentary night offer available on stays of 3 or more nights, valid until 9/30/21.
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Complimentary Continental Breakfast for two daily, per bedroom for duration of the stay
- $100 USD equivalent Food & Beverage credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- One way transfer Suites (Junior to Palm Court only), Round trip transfer (from Park Suite to Royal Suite)
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Mandarin Oriental Ritz Madrid Renovated Rooms and Suites
Paris-based Gilles & Boissier designed the 153 renovated rooms and suites, 53 of them suites. Entry level Superior Rooms are 323 sq. ft. (30 sq. m.), so we'd recommend reserving at least a Deluxe Room, which is closer to 400 sq. ft. (37 sq. m.), requesting one of the ones with a view of the Prado Museum.
Towards the other end of the spectrum is the lavish Presidential Suite, over 1200 sq. ft. (115 sq. m.) located in one of the hotel's castle-like turrets, with a circular bedroom, spacious bathroom with its own private steam room, dressing room, spacious living area and dining area for entertaining, and guest bathroom.
Mandarin Oriental Ritz Madrid Restaurants
The hotel's five restaurants and bars are helmed by acclaimed 3 Michelin starred Chef Quique Dacosta:
- Deesa: the hotel's signature restaurant, located in the beautiful Alfonso XIII room, overlooking the Ritz Garden, tasting menus only for both lunch (Wed.-Sat. 1-5pm) and dinner (Wed.-Sat. 8pm-midnight)
- Palm Court: lunch, dinner, afternoon tea
- Champagne Bar: champagne with caviar, oysters and light bites
- El Jardin del Ritz: al fresco dining during the spring, summer and early fall
- Pictura: chic bar
It will be interesting to see how the renovated Mandarin Oriental Ritz Madrid fares against the also recently opened Four Seasons Madrid.
Become a TravelSort Client and Book 5-Star Hotels with Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner Benefits